Passover Meal: Lemony-garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Artichoke Hearts, Steamed Spinach. I ate this all together with 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds. Really good.
Lemony-garlic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Artichoke Hearts:
Like any roasted veggies, this is really simple to prepare. However, these two veggies require lengthy cooking times. These are canned artichoke hearts. Try to buy organic, and make sure they are packed in water, not oil or a marinade.
1. In a bowl, mix olive oil, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Cut the potatoes into wedges or cut them in half, length-wise. Drain and rinse the artichokes.
3. Toss the potatoes and artichokes in the dressing. I think it is better to cook them separately, as cooking times may vary.
4. in a single layer on a baking sheet or shallow casserole pan, roast in oven at around 400 degrees. Give them a stir or a toss after about 20 minutes. About 10 minutes after that, start checking for done-ness every 10 minutes or so. I can’t remember how long I left them cook, probably about 40 minutes.
4. Eat em while theyre hot… or room temp.
I used a spoonfull of the marinade and some extra lemon juice to dress up my steamed spinach, and it was delish.